BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
Enhance your employment prospects with the BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business.
- Supervisors, Team leaders or Assistants
- Executive Personal Assistants
- Project Assistants
- Office Administrators
- Office Managers
- Other similar roles as above
Our nationally recognised BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business qualification is ideal for those seeking to advance their career within the lucrative business sector. During this course, you’ll learn how to manage complex administrative practices and become qualified to operate an effective work environment.
An AOT graduate will be ready to provide reliable office management, use information systems, and improve workplace efficiency. You will be a stand-out employee with a skill set that will enable you to confidently assist professionals, managers and executives and provide a range of administrative and clerical services.
Units of study | You are required to complete 10 units of study for the BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to organise meetings including making arrangements, liaising with participants, and developing and distributing meeting related documentation. This unit applies to individuals employed in a range of work environments who organise a variety of meetings. They may provide administrative support within an enterprise, or have responsibility for these tasks in the context of a particular team, workgroup or project.
Write complex documents
Plan documents, draft text, prepare final text and produce documents of some complexity.
Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements.
Identify risk and apply risk management processes
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to identify risks and to apply established risk management processes to a subset of an organisation or project\'s operations that are within the person\'s own work responsibilities and area of operation.
Analyse and present research information
Gather, organise, analyse and present workplace information using available systems. This includes identifying research requirements and sources of information, applying information to a set of facts, evaluating the quality of the information, and preparing and producing reports.
Covers the relationship building and negotiation skills required by workers within an organisation as well as freelance or contract workers.
Undertake project work
Undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It covers developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
Develop teams and individuals
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to determine individual and team development needs and to facilitate the development of the workgroup.
Design and develop complex text documents
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to design and develop business documents using complex technical features of word processing software.
Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to effectively analyse the workplace in relation to environmentally sustainable work practices and to implement improvements and monitor their effectiveness.
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Course access: 12 months access to online course
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Access to an internet connection
- Unit requirements (see Course Requirements tab)
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
You Pay Only: $2,500
Interest Free Monthly Payments
$195 × 11
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.