BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Supervisors, Team leaders or Assistants
- Project Assistants
- Office Managers
- Other similar roles as above over various industries such as sales, trade, manufacturing, retail, administration, services, and many more
The BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management will provide you with essential skills of supervision, team building, delegating and conflict resolution. This course is especially designed for those who are moving into supervisory positions and require the skills to become an effective team leader but this training also complements those who have developed existing supervisory skills on the job and want formal recognition of these achievements. You will hold the skills needed to effectively manage projects and achieve greater profits through fundamental strategic planning.
Frontline Managers play a significant role in the leadership of their organisation. In these increasingly competitive and fast changing times, Frontline Managers have a major responsibility to ensure that teams deliver quality services and products. The purpose of this powerful and challenging program is to develop competencies for frontline and other managers and to give you the skills and knowledge to move forward in your career.
Units of study | You are required to complete 12 units of study for the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Implement operational plan
Implement the operational plan by monitoring and adjusting operational performance, producing short term plans for the department/section, planning and acquiring resources and providing reports on performance as required.
Report on financial activity
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to report financial activity for business both in response to client requests and to meet statutory requirements such as the completion of financial reports.
Lead effective workplace relationships
This unit defines skills, knowledge and outcomes required to use leadership to promote team cohesion. It includes motivating, mentoring, coaching and developing the team and forming the bridge between the management of the organisation and team members.
Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to communicate effectively as a workplace leader, including understanding the context, choosing methods of communication to suit the audience, and following up.
Develop teams and individuals
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to determine individual and team development needs and to facilitate the development of the workgroup.
Undertake project work
Undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It covers developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
Covers the relationship building and negotiation skills required by workers within an organisation as well as freelance or contract workers.
Identify risk and apply risk management processes
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to identify risks and to apply established risk management processes to a subset of an organisation or project\'s operations that are within the person\'s own work responsibilities and area of operation.
Implement continuous improvement
Implement the organisation"s continuous improvement systems and processes. It covers using systems and strategies to actively encourage the team to participate in the process, monitoring and reviewing performance, and identifying opportunities for further improvements.
Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements.
Lead team effectiveness
Involves developing team plans to meet expected outcomes, leading the work team, and proactively working with the management of the organisation.
Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to effectively analyse the workplace in relation to environmentally sustainable work practices and to implement improvements and monitor their effectiveness.
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Course access: 12 months access to online course
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Access to an internet connection
- Unit requirements (see Course Requirements tab)
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
You Pay Only: $2,500
Interest Free Monthly Payments
$195 × 11
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.