BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business
- Communications liaison
- Small Contracts officer
- Estimator and scheduler
- Project administrator
- Project analyst
- Project assistant
- Project coordinator
- Project officer
- Project records officer
- Project support
- Project team member
- Small business operator
This nationally recognised qualification is perfect for someone who is currently running a business or who wants to be a small business owner, small business operator, retail manager/operator or a home business owner.
The BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business will help you shape your dreams of running your own business into rock-solid reality, acting as a guide for each step of the way.
This qualification covers a vast array of skills used to develop a sound understanding of business requirements in today’s competitive environment.
The qualification reflects the role of individuals who use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of small business contexts. They apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
This course is especially designed for those who already operate or are intending to operate a small business. It is also useful for senior employees, primary producers, trade professionals, bookkeepers, and anyone else who needs to learn entrepreneurial skills.
Units of study | You are required to complete 10 units of study for the BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business
Undertake project work
Undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It covers developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
Plan small business finances
Develop a financial plan to support business viability.
Promote products and services
Coordinate and review the promotion of an organisation's products and services.
Market the small business
Develop and implement marketing strategies, and to monitor and improve market performance.
Monitor and manage small business operations
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to operate a small business and to implement a business plan. The strategies involve monitoring, managing and reviewing operational procedures.
Undertake small business planning
Research and develop an integrated business plan for achieving business goals and objectives.
Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
Identify and comply with the regulatory, legal, taxation and insurance requirements, and risk management needs of small business.
Report on financial activity
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to report financial activity for business both in response to client requests and to meet statutory requirements such as the completion of financial reports.
Analyse and present research information
Gather, organise, analyse and present workplace information using available systems. This includes identifying research requirements and sources of information, applying information to a set of facts, evaluating the quality of the information, and preparing and producing reports.
Covers the relationship building and negotiation skills required by workers within an organisation as well as freelance or contract workers.
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Course access: 12 months access to online course
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Access to an internet connection
- Unit requirements (see Course Requirements tab)
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
You Pay Only: $2,500
Interest Free Monthly Payments
$195 × 11
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.