BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- Communications liaison
- Small Contracts officer
- Estimator and scheduler
- Project administrator
- Project analyst
- Project assistant
- Project coordinator
- Project officer
- Project records officer
- Project support
- Project team member
- Small business operator
Want to Become a Project Coordinator? Just imagine getting the job you’ve always wanted!
The BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice will give you the skills needed to launch yourself into the stimulating, challenging, and dynamic project management industry. This qualification reflects the cross-industry application of the work functions normally undertaken by a project team, spanning all phases of a project from concept through to close-out.
You will gain valuable skills, including setting timelines and targets, project costing, budget management, quality control, communicating with key stakeholders, as well as recruiting and leading personnel to work on the project.
The BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice should be viewed as an opportunity to gain new skills and as a stepping stone to launch a career in the dynamic, challenging, and stimulating project management industry. On completion of your qualification, you will have the competence to plan, execute, monitor, control, and close a project.
This course will give you the confidence to lead a team and deliver the project’s outcomes.
Units of study | You are required to complete 9 units of study for the BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to organise meetings including making arrangements, liaising with participants, and developing and distributing meeting related documentation. This unit applies to individuals employed in a range of work environments who organise a variety of meetings. They may provide administrative support within an enterprise, or have responsibility for these tasks in the context of a particular team, workgroup or project.
Apply project scope management techniques
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to contribute to the control of a project\'s scope by assisting with identifying its objectives, deliverables, constraints, assumptions and outcomes; and by applying controls once the project has commenced.
Apply project time management techniques
Assist with project scheduling activities, the application and monitoring of the agreed schedule and evaluation of time management effectiveness for the project. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
Apply project quality management techniques
Enhance project outcomes through contributing to quality planning, applying quality policies and procedures and contributing to continuous improvement within projects. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
Apply project cost management techniques
Work with others to produce a project budget, to monitor project expenditure and to contribute to cost finalisation processes. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
Apply human resources management approaches
Assist with aspects of human resources management of a project. This involves establishing human resource requirements, identifying the learning and development needs of people working on the project, facilitating these needs being met and resolving conflict within the team. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
Apply project information management and communications techniques
Provide a critical link between people, ideas and information at all stages in the project lifecycle. It covers assisting the project team to plan communications, communicating information related to the project and reviewing communications. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
Apply project risk management techniques
Assist with aspects of risk management within a project. It specifically involves assisting the project team to plan for, control and review risks associated with the project. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements.
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Course access: 12 months access to online course
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Access to an internet connection
- Unit requirements (see Course Requirements tab)
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
You Pay Only: $2,500
Interest Free Monthly Payments
$195 × 11
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.