BSB50215 Diploma of Business
Enhance your employment prospects with AOT’s BSB50215 Diploma of Business.
- First Line Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Operations Officer
- Middle Management Roles
The BSB50215 Diploma of Business is a nationally accredited qualification which will give you the skills for middle management in business, office and/or administrative environments. This course will provide you with a broad understanding of contemporary business practices, which can be used within a variety of entry-level positions in both public as well as private sectors.
It is an ideal online diploma option for team leaders and those who are starting a career in business management. The BSB50215 Diploma of Business is also a great option for individuals with substantial experience in a range of settings and who are seeking to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
The course is also suited for individuals with little or no vocational experience but who possess sound theoretical business skills that they would like to further develop in order to enhance employment opportunities. This course will provide you a comprehensive and interesting snapshot of day-to-day business operations.
The BSB50215 Diploma of Business focuses heavily on developing your organisational and teamwork skills, managing performance, professional development, preparing budgets and providing leadership across the business.
Units of study | You are required to complete 8 units of study for the BSB50215 Diploma of Business
Manage human resources services
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to plan and oversee and deliver human resources services. It is not specific to any given human resources function and deals with the coordination of services and approaches.
Undertake project work
Undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It covers developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
Manage workforce planning
Plan workforce strategies to achieve organisational goals and objectives. It includes aligning workforce objectives with business plans, analysing labour market trends and predictions, and designing strategies and succession plans to ensure a competent and appropriately diverse workforce is available to meet anticipated changes.
Manage business document design and development
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to establish standards for the design and production of organisational documents and to manage document design and production processes to ensure agreed standards are met.
Plan and implement administrative systems
Plan or review the requirements of effective administration systems and procedures for implementing, monitoring and reviewing the system.
Implement continuous improvement
Implement the organisation"s continuous improvement systems and processes. It covers using systems and strategies to actively encourage the team to participate in the process, monitoring and reviewing performance, and identifying opportunities for further improvements.
Manage risks in a range of contexts across the organisation or for a specific business unit or area. The unit has been designed to be consistent with AS/NZS 4360:2004 Risk management.
Analyse and present research information
Gather, organise, analyse and present workplace information using available systems. This includes identifying research requirements and sources of information, applying information to a set of facts, evaluating the quality of the information, and preparing and producing reports.
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Course access: 12 months access to online course
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Access to an internet connection
- Unit requirements (see Course Requirements tab)
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
You Pay Only: $3,200
Interest Free Monthly Payments
$250 × 11
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.