BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
Enhance your employment prospects with AOT’s BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management.
- Project manager
- Project leader
- Project team leader
- Project contract manager
- Project Officer
- Project manager (industry specific)
The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management has been created to acknowledge the growing importance of project management skills and the ways in which they can empower employees within a dynamic business environment. This course is ideal for those who manage or are about to manage projects within the workplace.
Project management diplomas online are a practical, hands-on way to learn, emphasising on the necessity of solving business problems. The course is also interwoven with the case studies and the theory of project management. Upon successful completion of the course, students can take their skills and apply them to the management of project problems in their own workplace. Throughout this course, emphasis is placed upon the documentation and techniques of project management.
The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management will provide you with the skills and knowledge to plan and manage projects that achieve the goals and objectives important to project managers and an organisation, regardless of its line of business or industry. It provides a working knowledge of project management, as well as an understanding of methods, techniques and tools available to help you manage your projects more effectively.
Units of study | You are required to complete 12 units of study for the BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
Lead and manage team effectiveness
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to facilitate all aspects of teamwork within the organisation. It involves taking a leadership role in the development of team plans, leading and facilitating teamwork and actively engaging with the management of the organisation.
Manage project scope
Determine and control the end products of the project, and the processes to develop them. It covers project authorisation, developing a scope management plan, and managing the application of project scope controls.
Manage project time
Covers determining and implementing the project schedule and assessing time management outcomes.
Manage project quality
Determining quality requirements, implementing quality assurance processes, and using review and evaluation to make quality improvements in current and future projects.
Manage project cost
Identify, analyse and refine project costs to produce a budget, and use this budget as the principal mechanism to control project cost.
Manage project integration
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to integrate and balance the overall project management functions of scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk and procurement across the project life cycle; and to align and track the project objectives to comply with organisational goals, strategies and objectives.
Manage project risk
Manage risk within a project in order to avoid adverse effects on project outcomes. It covers determining, monitoring and controlling project risks, and assessing risk management outcomes.
Manage project information and communication
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to link people, ideas and information at all stages in the project life cycle. Project communication management ensures the timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage and disposal of project information through formal structures and processes.
Manage project human resources
Undertake human resource management (HRM) within projects. It involves planning for human resources, implementing staff training and development, and managing the project team and stakeholders.
Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of elements of a work health and safety management system (WHSMS).
Manage personal work priorities and professional development
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to manage own performance and professional development. Particular emphasis is on setting and meeting priorities, analysing information and using a range of strategies to develop further competence.
Facilitate continuous improvement
Lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes. Particular emphasis is on the development of systems and the analysis of information to monitor and adjust performance strategies, and to manage opportunities for further improvements.
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Course access: 12 months access to online course
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Access to an internet connection
- Unit requirements (see Course Requirements tab)
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
You Pay Only: $3,200
Interest Free Monthly Payments
$250 × 11
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.