BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Enhance your employment prospects with AOT’s BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
- First Line Manager
- Team Leader
Earning your BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management will give you the competitive edge you need to take your business or management career to untold heights.
The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management has gained considerable importance in recent times. It trains and prepares you for efficient leadership and will help you build a solid foundation of the necessary skills and experience in managerial disciplines.
This qualification teaches you the knowledge and skills required to work successfully at the managerial or team leader level and will make you ready for management level positions within all sectors of industry.
The AOT BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management will give you a competitive edge in today’s highly competitive but highly rewarding management sector. It will give you the knowledge and understanding on all aspects of management to transform you into the best manager you can be.
This course is designed to hone your ability and knowledge in effectively managing strategic and operational areas of an organisation. The BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management teaches you the skills and knowledge that will make you ready for management level positions within all sectors of industry and it provides students with thorough fundamentals in managerial work disciplines, in particular the management of teams, departments, and projects. This course provides skills to lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes within an organisation.
Units of study | You are required to complete 12 units of study for the BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
Undertake project work
Undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It covers developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
Manage quality customer service
Develop strategies to manage organisational systems that ensure products and services are delivered and maintained to standards agreed by the organisation.
Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to lead and manage effective workplace relationships. It applies to individuals in leadership or management who have a prominent role in establishing and managing processes and procedures to support workplace relationships taking into account the organisation's values, goals and cultural diversity.
Develop and use emotional intelligence
This unit covers the development and use of emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the context of the workplace.
Manage operational plan
Develop and monitor implementation of the operational plan to provide efficient and effective workplace practices within the organisation and profitability plans. Management at a strategic level requires systems and procedures to be developed and implemented to facilitate the organisations operational plan.
Manage risks in a range of contexts across the organisation or for a specific business unit or area. The unit has been designed to be consistent with AS/NZS 4360:2004 Risk management.
Manage people performance
Manage the performance of staff who report to them directly. Development of key result areas and key performance indicators and standards, coupled with regular and timely coaching and feedback, provide the basis for performance management.
Manage employee relations
Manage employee and industrial relations matters in an organisation. It involves developing and implementing employee and industrial relations policies and plans and managing conflict resolution negotiations.
Facilitate continuous improvement
Lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes. Particular emphasis is on the development of systems and the analysis of information to monitor and adjust performance strategies, and to manage opportunities for further improvements.
Lead and manage team effectiveness
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to facilitate all aspects of teamwork within the organisation. It involves taking a leadership role in the development of team plans, leading and facilitating teamwork and actively engaging with the management of the organisation.
Manage personal work priorities and professional development
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to manage own performance and professional development. Particular emphasis is on setting and meeting priorities, analysing information and using a range of strategies to develop further competence.
Manage a range of meetings including overseeing the meeting preparation processes, chairing meetings, organising the minutes and reporting meeting outcomes.
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
Course access: 12 months access to online course
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
- Sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Access to an internet connection
- Unit requirements (see Course Requirements tab)
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
You Pay Only: $3,200
Interest Free Monthly Payments
$250 × 11
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.