Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why should I choose to study with AOT?
Our high standard of online courses allow you the freedom to study at a time and pace that suits you!
Below are the reasons why many choose to study with us:
- Study when you want
- One on one trainer support
- Live chat
- Simulated workplace
- Study at your own pace
- No classes to attend
- No travel expenses
- Expert trainer support
- Registered Training Organisation
- Nationally recognised courses
2. Will an AOT course help me progress in my career?
Our courses are nationally recognised qualifications. Achieving an online course qualification will demonstrate to employers that you’re self-motivated, disciplined and can manage time effectively – both highly desirable traits, plus, by completing the course you will have upskilled and gained more knowledge.
3. Is online learning engaging?
Yes! All our courses are written by experts in the subject field. Our courses have been specifically designed to make your learning experience as engaging as possible. You will receive a personal induction into your course, and you can chat with trainers 7 days a week, even in the evening! You can also book one on one mentoring sessions with your personal trainer.
4. Can I take time out to study?
Yes! As you are studying at your own time and pace, rather than from a lecturer in a classroom based course.
5. I know I don’t have to give up my job, but will I have any free time?
Yes! Our courses are dedicated to flexibility – you can study as much, or as little, as you want each week.
6. What is a nationally recognised course?
A nationally recognised course is part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). The AQF sets the required standards for courses at different levels. In the VET section, this ranges from Certificate I up to Advanced Diploma. A nationally registered course may only be delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), which ensures that your certificate or Statement of Attainment will be recognised by other RTOs and employers Australia wide.
7. Is AOT a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?
8. Can I get help with the cost of my course?
We offer monthly payment plans for all of our full qualifications or upfront payment options.
You may be eligible for financial assistance from Centrelink. Applications for assistance are assessed by Centrelink, so you should contact your nearest office to discuss your eligibility.
Our registration number is 4P727/QLD/T1V with Centrelink.
9. How do I pay for my course?
We accept a wide range of payment methods:
- Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard, American Express
- Money Order
- Australia Post Bill pay
- Direct Deposit
10. What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts (available in late 2016)
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
11. How do I get a USI?
From 1 January 2015 anyone undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation needs to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This is applicable only if you are completing your course while inside Australia. If you do not already have one click here to create your USI.
- Why should i study with AOT
- Will AOT really help me progress in my career?
- Can I really learn better with online material rather than from a classroom based course?
- Can I afford to study?
- I know I don’t have to give up my job, but will I have any free time?
- What is a nationally recognised course?
- Is AOT a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?
- Can I get help with the cost of my course?
- How do I pay for my course?
- What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- How do I get a USI