Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why should I choose to study with AOT?
Our high standard of online courses allows you the freedom to study at a time and pace that suits you! Below are the reasons why many choose to study with us:
- Study when you want
- One-on-one expert trainer support
- Live chat 5 days a week
- Unlimited personal mentoring sessions
- Simulated workplace
- Study at your own pace
- No classes to attend
- No travel expenses
- Nationally recognised courses
2. Will an AOT course help me progress in my career?
Our courses are nationally recognised. Achieving an online nationally recognised qualification will demonstrate to employers that you are self-motivated, disciplined and can manage time effectively – both highly desirable traits. Plus by completing the course, you have up-skilled and gained more knowledge.
3. Is online learning engaging?
Yes! All our courses are written by experts in the subject field. Our courses have been specifically designed to make your learning experience as engaging as possible. You will receive a personal induction into your course, and you can chat with trainers 5 days a week, even in the evening! You can also book one-on-one mentoring sessions with your personal trainer.
4. Do I need time off work to study?
No! You can study when and where it suits you at your own pace. There are no set times like in a classroom-based course.
5. I know I don’t have to give up my job but will I have any free time?
Yes! Our courses are dedicated to flexibility. You can study as much or as little as you want each week to complete the course in the course timeline.
6. What is a nationally recognised course?
A nationally recognised course is part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). The AQF sets the required standards for courses at different levels. In the VET section, this ranges from Certificate I up to Advanced Diploma. A nationally registered course may only be delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), which ensures that your certificate or Statement of Attainment will be recognised by other RTOs and employers Australia wide.
7. Is AOT a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)?
8. Can I get help with the cost of my course?
We offer fortnightly payment plans for courses $600 and over.
You may be eligible for financial assistance from Centrelink. Applications for assistance are assessed by Centrelink, so you should contact your nearest office to discuss your eligibility.
Our registration number with Centrelink is 4P727/QLD/T1V.
9. How do I pay for my course?
We accept a wide range of payment methods:
- Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard, American Express
- Money Order
- Australia Post Bill pay
- Direct Deposit
10. What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
You need a USI upon enrolment with AOT as part of our legislative reporting requirements of a registered training organisation. We cannot issue a qualification or Statement of Attainment without a USI.
From 1st January, 2015 new legislation by the Australian Government advised that each person undertaking nationally recognised training are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This must be collected and verified by the training organisation.
It is a mandatory requirement to provide your USI as part of your enrolment with AOT if you are:
- an Australian expat or resident (you need a USI even if you do the course whilst living outside Australia).
- an international student living in Australia
International students not living in Australia are not required to submit a USI.
11. How do I get a USI?
If you do not already a Unique Student Identifier (USI), click here to create your USI https://www.usi.gov.au/students
You will need to have at least one form of current and valid ID handy that we will accept. See the full list of ID types here!