Food Handling Certificate is also commonly known as Food Handlers Certificate, Workplace Hygiene Certificate, and Food Hygiene Certificate.
This online course is valid across Australia.
This Online Food Handling Certificate is valid across Australia.
Businesses that work with food are legally required to ensure their food handler staff members acquire skills and knowledge of food safety and food hygiene matters.
Free Online Demo Course
- Kitchen hands
- Catering staff
- Food and beverage attendants
- Sandwich hand
- Cafe and fast food outlet cooking crew
- Housekeeping and laundry staff
- Small business catering operations
- Retail food outlets.
SITXOHS002A - Follow Workplace Hygiene Procedures Overview
Personal hygiene practices apply to all personnel operating at all levels within the service industries, such as kitchen hands, cooks, chefs, catering staff, food and beverage attendants, housekeeping and laundry staff, sandwich hands, café and fast food outlet cooking crew, and sales people and owner-operators of small business catering operations or retail food outlets.
This short course will give you the skills and knowledge required to apply good workplace hygiene practices within a range of service industry operations. You will have the ability to follow workplace hygiene procedures; predetermined procedures, identify and control simple hazards and take particular hygiene measures to ensure the non contamination of food and other items that might put customers, colleagues and self at a health risk.
Is this course certified by the required government bodies?
Yes, the following Workplace Hygiene Procedures certificate is a nationally accredited unit of competency under the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
Food Safety Supervisor Training Pre-requisite
You must have completed this course before being able to be assessed as competent in SITXFSA001A Implement Food Safety Procedures.
This unit is one of three hierarchical units describing varying levels of participation in food safety processes:
- » SITXOHS002A Follow workplace hygiene procedures
- » SITXFSA001A Implement food safety procedures
- » SITXFSA002A Develop and implement a food safety program
You will require access to the internet, a computer, speakers or headphones and a microphone.
Why do I need to complete a Food Handling Certificate course?
This is the fundamental course you require to work anywhere in or around food in the Australian Hospitality industry. Workplace hygiene and the ability to follow workplace hygiene procedures is stringently regulated within the hospitality and associated industry and it is highly recommended for you to have this hospitality short courses certificate.
Easy, quick and affordable to complete.
Courses are conducted online through our web site. The course starts as soon as you sign up, log in and select the course. You may start the course any time you like and you can stop the course if you'd like a break and resume your course exactly where you left it by signing back in with your username and password. Once you have completed this course and payment is made your Nationally Accredited Certificate will be e-mailed to you or can be downloaded immediately.
Upon successful completion of this course participants receive a Statement of Attainment for Follow workplace hygiene procedures - SITXOHS002A.
Benefits of Online Training
There are massive benefits to studying online with Accredited Online Training (AOT). You can start your course at any time, complete your course at your own pace and study at times that suit you and your lifestyle. Studying online is the easiest and most convenient way to improve your level of qualifications which provides you the potential to increase your earning capacity.
We are the number 1 provider of online education in Australia! Over 160 organizations including TAFE and Australian universities utilise our course material.
What is 100% Online Training?
Each of our courses is developed to provide students a 100% online training experience, all content is Nationally Recognised and Accredited. All course advisors, trainers, study and assessment must be available to you online and with 24/7 access. Our assessments can be based on our simulated workplace providing you the practical work experience you need.
Each of our courses are developed to provide students with a 100% online training experience. All content is Australian Nationally Recognized and Accredited. All students have 24/7 access to their course material and assessments. From the moment you receive your username and password, you will have full access to all of your course material. There is no need to continuously download information as you progress through your course which can prove to be not only inconvenient, but also quite expensive.
You will also have access to our unique Simulated Workplace which will provide you the opportunity to implement your new found knowledge in an online company.
AOT provides you with personalized support with access to qualified Trainers who are industry experts within their respective fields with extensive knowledge and experience.
- Easy Decisions: AOT Course Advisors are there to assist you in choosing the right course to progress you in your career.
- Time Efficient: Learn anywhere, and start anytime.
- Full trainer support: Trainers who are industry experts within their respective fields with extensive knowledge and experience.
- Affordable: AOT offers you a discount for upfront payment. Alternatively, you can chose to pay via our interest free 12 monthly payment plan.
- Nationally Recognized/Accredited: AOT is a Registered Training Organization (RTO). Therefore, this course is a Nationally Recognized qualification.
- 24/7 Online Library and Resources: We provide you with the links that will take you directly to your resource material. No time is wasted searching for books or research material; we link you straight to it!
- Virtual / Simulated workplace: Provides you the practical work experience you need online. Visit Global Star Enterprises to learn more about our unique Simulated Workplace environment.
- Submit Assessments Online: AOT’s assessment enable you to access your course material and/or a trainer whilst completing an assessment.
- Assessment’s marked within 5 business days: No need to wait until end of term for a result you can continue at your own pace.
- No Additional Fees: All learning and assessment material is included in your course fees. You are not required to purchase any additional material.