This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor the organisation's work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements.
This unit applies to workers with supervisory responsibilities for implementing and monitoring the organisation's WHS policies, procedures and programs in a work area.
The unit applies to individuals with a broad knowledge of WHS policies who contribute well-developed skills in creating solutions to unpredictable problems through analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources. These workers provide supervision and guidance to others and have limited responsibility for the output of others.
What will you achieve from this course?
The Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements - unit of study will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participation arrangements for managing WHS
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures and legal requirements for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for maintaining WHS records for the team
This is a core unit in the qualification:
- BSB40812 Certificate IV in Frontline Management
- BSB40212 Certificate IV in Business
This units is part of a nationally recognised qualification.
How to gain your qualification faster
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is "the acknowledgement of the skills and knowledge" that you have gained through previous studies, work and life experiences. If RPL is granted, this will mean that you will not have to complete the study or assessments for a unit or units of competency.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning
How long does this short course take?
Choosing to study online allows you to study at a pace that suits your lifestyle.
Total nominal hours: 50 hrs
Maximum 2 months access to online course.