This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to participate in workplace occupational health and safety (OHS) processes to protect workers own health and safety, and that of others. No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
This unit applies to individuals who require a fundamental knowledge of OHS to carry out their own work which may be in a defined context under direct supervision or with some individual responsibility.
What will you achieve from this course?
- Working safely with OH&S legal requirements and policies and procedures
- Working within OH&S safety requirements
- The OH&S consultative process
- Following OH&S safety procedures
Who would benefit from this course?
- Worker’s who require a fundamental knowledge of OHS in the workplace
This is a core unit in the qualification:
- BSB10107 Certificate I in Business
- BSB20112 Certificate II in Business
- BSB30412 Certificate III in Business Administration
This unit may contain employability skills which can be found at : http://www.dest.gov.au/archive/ty/publications/employability%5Fskills/
This units is part of a nationally recognised qualification.
How to gain your qualification faster
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is “the acknowledgement of the skills and knowledge??? that you have gained through previous studies, work and life experiences. If RPL is granted, this will mean that you will not have to complete the study or assessments for a unit or units of competency.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) »
How long does this short course take?
Choosing to study online allows you to study at a pace that suits your lifestyle.
Total nominal hours: 20 hrs
Maximum 2 months access to online course.