Enhance your employment prospects with this online short course.
- Payroll Manager
- Accounts Manager
Specialising in managing payroll, this course is an excellent follow on from the Payroll and Accounts Clerical Short Course. This course teaches how to establish and monitor security procedures for managing organisational payroll services and to calculate and process salary payments, group taxation and related payments.
To understand what each unit within this course offers, and how each furnishes you with specific skills and knowledge that you will accomplish to achieve competency, click on the Units of Study tab above.
Successful completion of this course will allow you to relate to a range of work environments and achieve a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of the BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration.
You may apply for a credit transfer towards several qualifications. at AOT these include:
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
Talk to our course advisor for more information on credit transfer rules and the qualification that will best suit your needs.
How long does the course take?
We provide you with three (3) months to complete this course, how long it actually takes, will be reflective of the time you are able to dedicate to your studies.
This course could be completed with 15 – 20 hours of study per unit, it may take you less time, it may take you more, that is why we give you three (3) months and all the support you need. The rest is up to you!
You are required to complete 1 unit of study for the Managing Payroll Short Course
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- document steps undertaken to establish payroll system
- use data and calculations to reconcile salaries, wages and deductions in accordance with all legislative and organisational requirements
- create accurate payroll management records
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- key provisions of relevant legislation, standards, regulations and codes of practice that may affect aspects of payroll operations
- organisational policies and procedures across the full range of tasks for the required payroll processes
Support you can expect from AOT
The benefits of studying with AOT is that you do not have to schedule your time to attend a face to face classroom. You can study at times convenient to you in your own home.
To support you in your study we provide:
- Personal course induction - A Student Support Officer will personally take you through the sauceLMS and your course.
- Simulated/virtual company - Full use of our very own virtual company that provides you with a simulated workplace based on current industry practises.
- Live chat - Instant support available by a trainer whilst you are studying 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday.
- Contact us form - Contact us at any time using the 'Contact us form' found within your course to create support tickets.
- Mentoring sessions - You can book an appointment with your personal trainer to discuss the learning material, assessment expectations, or assessment feedback.
- Virtual Classroom sessions - booked with your trainer for specific assessments
- Contact from AOT through email and calls just to touch base with you.
- Detailed assessment feedback.
- Additional research material - Links within your course which takes you directly to additional research material.
You are not alone in your study with AOT!
There are no formal requirements for this qualification, however learners will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of common computing terms and word processing
- Proficiency with web browser software and sending/receiving e-mail including e-mail with attached
- Familiarity with navigating the Internet
- Meet technical requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher (recommended) / MAC OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (recommended)
- CPU: minimum of 512 MB of RAM, minimum of 2 GB of spare disk space is recommended
- Monitor with at least 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Internet access: Minimum ADSL1 with a speed of at least 1.5Mbps
- Valid personal email address
- Sound card
- A headset or microphone and speakers
- Access to a webcam, photocopier, printer & scanner
- The latest version of Java, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player
- Word processing software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Up-to-date web browser version e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari
You Pay Only:
- No additional fees
- No course material cost
- 100% trainer support
Delivery mode: 100% online, no classroom attendance
Trainer support: One-on-one
Support hours: 7am-9pm, Mon-Fri
Learning and assessment options: Your workplace or our virtual company as your simulated workplace
Assessments marked: Within 5 business days
Having trouble deciding?
Have a look at our courses for yourself by requesting a Free Live Demonstration today.Request a Free Live Demo
Live Chat with a course advisor
If you need any more information or have some questions, try a live chat with one of AOT's course Advisors.