Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- efficiently and effectively gather, assess, organise and use workplace information as part of own job role
- provide accurate information for defined purposes
- maintain and handle data and documents systematically
- use business technology to manage information
- communicate with colleagues and clients using effective interpersonal skills to obtain and check workplace information
- apply relevant legislation and regulations to workplace information
- monitor, review and modify information processes.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- how legislation and regulations may affect the gathering organising and distribution of workplace information
- methods for checking validity of information and its sources
- organisational recordkeeping and filing systems, security procedures and safe recording practices
- workplace policies and procedures relating to workplace information.