New enrolments, where the full or initial payment is received via the AOT website and enrolment forms have been completed before 31/12/2018 will receive an extra 2 months of course access time at no charge.
New full course (Certificate or Diploma) enrolments, where the full or initial payment is received via the AOT website and enrolment forms have been completed before 31/12/2018 will have the option to also enrol in the short course “Organise Workplace Information” at no charge. Learners will have 3 months course access to the short course and the course access time will start at the same time as the full course. To claim the free course, learners must type “Free course please” in the Order Notes box when making the course payment.
AOT reserves the right to make changes to these offers at any time. This offer is not in conjunction with any other offer.
As a student of AOT you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- I participate in this online course with a view to achieve completion within the nominated course duration.
- I acknowledge that the assessment responses I submit are my own work, written in my own words.
- I give consent to Accredited Online Training Pty Ltd (AOT) to make any enquiries necessary to verify the information disclosed in this application.
- I agree to pay the course fees (plus GST if applicable) for the course using the payment method I have selected under this Course Enrolment Agreement.
- I accept that I am required to pay the full amount of the course fees even if I do not complete my course or fail to advise AOT of withdrawal from my course during the orientation period.
- In the event that I do not complete the course within the given timeframe, my course will be immediately suspended and access to my course denied.
- The duration of my course is stated in the AOT course description and/or advised at time of enrolment.
- If I wish to cancel my enrolment within the orientation period of fourteen (14) days, provided I have not accessed more than four (4) units of the course, I may do so by contacting an AOT Course Advisor. I acknowledge a cancellation fee of $150 or 20% of the total course price, whichever is less, will apply.
Upon receipt of the course fee as determined in my course enrolment agreement, AOT agrees to:
- provide a tax invoice
- provide login details to access my online course materials and assessments
- provide an Individual Training Plan
- provide assessment instructions
- mark and provide feedback on my submitted assessment tasks
- provide trainer support throughout my enrolment; and
- issue a Certificate or Statement of Attainment upon competent completion of my course (if applicable).
I acknowledge the following, in relation to course enrolment:
- Course enrolment is complete when the student has been issued a username and password for online course access.
- AOT and the student will agree on a date for online course access, this date will be known as the agreed course commencement date.
- Course duration is effective from the agreed course commencement date.
- Login access to available units will be active as at the agreed course commencement date.
- A student will be deemed to have commenced their course at the time of login on or after the agreed commencement date.
- The course is non-transferable once the student has commenced.
In order for AOT to meet the requirements of Fee Protection for students, AOT may only collect up to $1,500 in fees in one instance, before, during or after enrolment.
For all course enrolments over $1,500, AOT requires a prepaid fee of $1,500 with a second payment and sometimes a third payment made later. Full course fee, payment amounts and time payments are clearly displayed for each course on the AOT website. Amount and specific date of payment is confirmed in the AOT enrolment email and invoice sent for the enrolling student.
If training is contracted by a company or corporation on behalf of their staff member, full fees are then payable at time of enrolment application.
AOT provide the service of a payment plan only for courses with fees of $600 or more. Payment plan instalments and timelines are clearly displayed for each course on the AOT website.
I agree to honour the payment plan and understand that:
- all instalments must be paid on or before the due date;
- I must ensure that sufficient funds are available in my nominated account to meet the instalment payments;
- I will update AOT with credit or debit card details when issued with a new card;
- AOT reserves the right to suspend access to my online course in the event that I fail to pay any part of the course fees as and when it falls due for payment;
- in the event that I request or fail to advise my course cancellation, the balance of my course fees will be paid in full or continue to be paid under my payment plan schedule; and
- AOT will not issue a Certificate or Statement of Attainment/s until course fees are paid in full.
Should I default on the repayment schedule:
- my enrolment will be suspended;
- my outstanding account will become immediately due and payable;
- the outstanding debt may be forwarded to a debt collection agency; and
- I may also be required to pay additional fees associated with the debt collection process.
I acknowledge that:
- A personal induction is offered to me upon my enrolment to ensure I have a full understanding of the course, course navigation, requirements and how to request support.
- Course materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the AOT Course description, and once enrolment has ended, access is denied. Therefore, it becomes my responsibility to save and/or print content as required for reference purposes.
- The content of the online course materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of AOT.
- No reproduction or distribution any part of the course material, including but not limited to all assessment, content, supporting documents and the Global Star Enterprises intranet, can be made without the prior written consent of AOT.
Course Extension Policy
If I wish to continue with my course beyond the expiry date, application for a course extension must be made in writing to AOT and received fourteen (14) days prior to expiry date.
- AOT will not be obliged under any circumstances to extend the period of my enrolment if I have not completed the course in the allocated time.
- Once the allocated time for a course has ended I will no longer be provided with access to the course material, course assessment or unlimited trainer support.
- In most instances, AOT may arrange a course extension at an additional fee of $280 for a three (3) month extension or $500 for a six (6) month extension for full qualification enrolments. A two (2) month extension for short course and single unit enrolments is $100.
- I may apply to AOT to place my course on hold due to extended holidays or unforeseen events which do not allow continued study. My course may be placed on hold in one (1) month blocks, for no more than (6) months in total over the course of my enrolment.
- I will not be granted a course extension or course hold unless my Unique Student Identifier (USI) has been provided to AOT and verified.
Fee for Service Enrolments:
Cancellation of course or program by Accredited Online Training
Should AOT cancel a course for any reason, students enrolled at the time AOT announces the cancellation will be entitled to a full refund, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties.
Withdrawal due to unavailable units
Should AOT be unable to provide all units to meet the students course completion schedule, the following will apply:
- Course fees paid will be refunded in full, and
- No Statement of Attainment will be issued on any unit,
- Course fees paid on any unavailable unit/s will be refunded, and
- Statement of Attainment will be issued for satisfactorily completed units.
Withdrawal prior to course commencement
Students must finalise the entire AOT enrolment process within 30 days of making their full/initial course payment. If all forms and required documents are not received by AOT within the 30 days, AOT may cancel the enrolment and withdraw the student. In this case, a full refund of the fees will be made, minus a cancellation fee of $150 or 20% of the total course price whichever is less, which will be withheld to cover administration costs.
If a student withdraws from a course before the commencement of the course, full refund of the fees will be made, minus a cancellation fee of $150 or 20% of the total course price, whichever is less, which will be withheld to cover administration costs.
Eligible cancellation during orientation period
Eligible cancellations, for students enrolled in a nationally recognised course, received during the orientation period will receive a full refund of course fees paid, minus a cancellation fee of $150 or 20% of the total course price, whichever is less, which will be withheld to cover trainer and/or administration costs. Statement of Attainment will not be issued.
Withdrawal during course or program
Cancellations (other than eligible cancellations during the orientation period) for students that have commenced their course will not be entitled to a refund.
Statement of Attainment/s will only be issued for any units that have been satisfactorily completed and paid for.
Deferred payments are not entitled to a Statement of Attainment unless the amount is equivalent or more than the calculated unit price.
Withdrawal due to illness or hardship
In the case of a student withdrawing from a course due to illness or extreme hardship, AOT may, at its discretion, allow a refund of the fees. The following conditions apply:
The person concerned must produce satisfactory evidence of the circumstances such as medical certificates;
- A cancellation fee of 25% of full course fees (not discounted price) will be withheld;
- Withdrawal and request for refund must take place within the first three (3) months of the course commencement; and
- If a refund has been issued a Statement of Attainment will NOT be granted for any units
Reinstatement of Course
AOT will not reinstate a student into a course following the course finish date.
I acknowledge that if for any reason; personal or medical that I cannot continue my studies, I have the option to apply for withdrawal or to place my course on hold. This can be done by following the guidelines outlined in the sections:
- Withdrawal during course or program
- Withdrawal due to illness or hardship
Confidentiality and Privacy
AOT will make reasonable efforts to keep any confidential information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
Information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
The AOT Student Handbook is available for download from the AOT website. I accept it is my responsibility to ensure I read and understand the AOT Student Handbook prior to enrolment.
Offers for Returning Students:
Nationally Recognised Course Units
The nationally recognised course or unit/s you complete with AOT may be valid for credit transfer into several qualifications. Each credit transfer reduces the number of units you will have to study and may reduce the fee you pay. AOT are no obliged to discount fees for credits. Please contact a course advisor in regard to a new qualification and applicable credits.
Credit transfers for previous competent study
Credit will be granted for studies completed at any Australian authorised issuing organisation, such as a RTO, school or university. In such cases, an analysis will be undertaken by AOT to confirm:
- the equivalence of the study completed with the relevant enrolling unit
- the authenticity of the certificate or statement of attainment produced (AOT will contact the organisation that issued the document and confirm the content is valid).
- If the issuing organisation is no longer operating, AOT requires the student to be responsible for obtaining a valid letter/transcript from the National VET regulator or state VET regulator for Victoria and Western Australia documenting the competencies you have achieved. In some instances, the student may have past transcripts of completed nationally recognised training recorded against their USI account. The student would need to provide permission for AOT to view their USI transcript.
AOT are not obliged to issue a qualification or statement of attainment that is achieved wholly through recognition of units completed at another RTO or issuing organisation.
Nationally Recognised Certificate IV and Diploma Courses
On completion of your Certificate IV or Diploma with AOT, you will be entitled to receive a discount off the full price of the next nationally recognised qualification you enrol in with AOT. You may also receive credit transfers that offer discounts per unit. Credit transfers will only be granted if they meet course requirements according to the national training package.
AOT may revise the Student Handbook, Policy Documents and any terms and conditions contained in this agreement, at any time at our sole discretion. Any such revisions will be available from our website.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
You need a USI upon enrolment with AOT as part of our legislative reporting requirements of a registered training organisation. We cannot issue a qualification or Statement of Attainment without a USI.
From 1st January, 2015 new legislation by the Australian Government advised that each person undertaking nationally recognised training are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This must be collected and verified by the training organisation.
It is a mandatory requirement to provide your USI as part of your enrolment with AOT if you are:
- an Australian expat or resident (you need a USI even if you do the course whilst living outside Australia).
- an international student living in Australia
International students not living in Australia are not required to submit a USI.
If you do not already have one, click here to create your USI https://www.usi.gov.au/students
Acceptance of Course Enrolment Agreement:
By accepting the terms of this Course Enrolment Agreement:
- you are warranting that you are 18 years of age or over; or
- if you are under 18 years of age, you must ensure your parent or guardian accepts the conditions of this Course Enrolment Agreement. By such execution, your parent or guardian acknowledges and accepts the terms and conditions herein, including guaranteeing the principal liability to make payment of the course fee; and
- you are giving AOT consent to undertake, if applicable, a credit check with the Credit Reference Association of Australia
- you will obtain or provide your Unique Student Identifier (USI) upon enrolment
- you will conduct the mandatory Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N) activity located in the course before commencing any of your units of competency
- you acknowledge that your acceptance declaration will be recorded on our database; and
- you agree to participate in the assessment and/or RPL process with authenticity and honesty
- you acknowledge that this declaration is true and correct with the understanding and belief that a person who makes a false declaration is liable to the penalties of perjury
- you acknowledge by pressing the I accept button on the course acknowledgement page