This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to organise domestic and overseas business travel, including developing associated itineraries, booking travel and accommodation, preparing travel related documentation and making travel arrangements.
It applies to individuals employed in a range of work environments who may work providing administrative support within an enterprise, or have responsibility for these tasks in relation to their own workgroup or role.
- Organise business itinerary for domestic and overseas travel
- Make travel arrangements
- Arrange credit facilities
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- organise business-related travel for others, including scheduling and developing itineraries and travel-related documents
- finalise all booking and travel arrangements including any necessary credit requirements according to predetermined budgets and time constraints
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- booking procedures relevant to business travel
- key provisions of relevant legislation that may affect aspects of business operations
- organisational policies and procedures required to organise business travel, including use of internet sites and other online resources
Nominal hours = 20 hours