This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to plan, promote and coordinate conferences, ensuring follow-up procedures are incorporated.
It applies to individuals employed in a range of work environments who are required to plan and manage conferences. They may work as senior administrative staff, or may be other individuals who have been delegated responsibility for planning and managing a conference.
- Plan conference
- Promote conference
- Organise conference
- Coordinate conference proceedings
- Follow up conference proceedings
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- apply conventions and procedures for formal and informal meetings including:
- developing and distributing agendas and papers
- identifying and inviting meeting participants
- organising and confirming meeting arrangements
- running the meeting and following up
- organise, take part in and chair a meeting
- record and store meeting documentation
- follow organisational policies and procedures.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- meeting terminology, structures, arrangements
- responsibilities of the chairperson and explain group dynamics in relation to managing meetings
- options for meetings including face-to-face, teleconferencing, web-conferencing and using webcams
- the relevant organisational procedures and policies regarding meetings, chairing and minutes including identifying organisational formats for minutes and agendas.
Nominal hours = 30 hours