Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- apply conventions and procedures for formal and informal meetings including:
- developing and distributing agendas and papers
- identifying and inviting meeting participants
- organising and confirming meeting arrangements
- running the meeting and following up
- organise, take part in and chair a meeting
- record and store meeting documentation
- follow organisational policies and procedures.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- meeting terminology, structures, arrangements
- responsibilities of the chairperson and explain group dynamics in relation to managing meetings
- options for meetings including face-to-face, teleconferencing, web-conferencing and using webcams
- the relevant organisational procedures and policies regarding meetings, chairing and minutes including identifying organisational formats for minutes and agendas.