This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to communicate in the workplace including gathering, conveying and receiving information and completing routine written correspondence.
It applies to individuals who perform a range of routine workplace communication tasks using a limited range of practical skills and fundamental knowledge of effective listening, questioning and non-verbal communication in a defined context under direct supervision or with limited individual responsibility.
- Gather, convey and receive information and ideas
- Complete workplace documentation and correspondence
- Communicate in a way that responds positively to individual differences
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- communicate information and ideas verbally and non-verbally, taking cultural differences and language barriers into consideration
- produce written material, used routinely in day to day work, which is clear, concise and effectively conveys the intended meaning to the recipient
- complete workplace forms
- use style, format and level of accuracy appropriate to the type of written material
- provide prompt responses to requests for information in accordance with organisational requirements
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- identifying organisational policies, plans and procedures which detail organisation’s standards or protocols for workplace communication
- different communication styles
- barriers to communication
Nominal hours = 40 hours