This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to apply basic communication skills in the workplace, including identifying, gathering and conveying information along with completing assigned written information.
The unit applies to individuals working under direct supervision, who are developing basic skills and knowledge of workplace communication in preparation for working in a broad range of settings.
- Identify communication requirements
- Communicate using verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Draft written communications
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Use verbal and non-verbal skills to seek and convey information in face-to-face situations on at least three occasions
- Draft written documents and confirm that the documents meet organisational requirements on at least three occasions.
Nominal hours = 40