This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to present and negotiate persuasively, lead and participate in meetings and make presentations to customers, clients and other key stakeholders.
The unit applies to individuals who are managers and leaders required to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources, and who deal with unpredictable problems as part of their job role. They use initiative and judgement to organise the work of self and others and plan, evaluate and co-ordinate the work of teams.
- Identify communication requirements
- Negotiate to achieve agreed outcome
- Participate in and lead meetings
- Make presentations
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Participate in and lead at least two meetings
- Prepare and make a presentation to two different groups.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Communicate with key stakeholders to position the business to best effect including:
- Listening actively
- Understanding information needs of others
- Adapting communication to suit the audience
- Identifying suitable platform for presentations
- Presenting reliable information
- Designing the presentation to meet the needs of the audience
- Answering questions clearly and concisely.
Nominal hours = 60