This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to use advanced-level critical thinking skills in a workplace context. This includes using methods of analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
The unit applies to individuals who evaluate existing or proposed work practices. These individuals are typically responsible for reviewing or developing work processes, products or services that may be proposed or already existing.
- Establish role of critical thinking in workplace
- Lead critical thinking process
- Develop critical thinking mindset
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will develop solutions for two different workplace limitations using critical thinking concepts.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Use a range of critical thinking techniques to identify and address limitations in workplace practices
- Ask questions to broaden understanding of task requirements
- Use various information sources to provide answers to proposed questions
- Develop a proposal to articulate to a broad range of workplace stakeholders a solution to an identified issue
- Incorporate feedback and self-reflection to critically assess performance.
Nominal hours = 50