This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop critical and creative thinking skills in others within a workplace context.
The unit applies to individuals who are developing and coaching others, for whom critical thinking skills (including analysis, synthesis, and evaluation) are an important part of their job roles. This unit applies to individuals who are typically responsible for leading teams.
- Assess individual and team critical and creative thinking skills
- Establish an environment that encourages the application of critical and creative thinking
- Monitor and improve thinking practices
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Develop an environment for an organisation or work area that supports the application of critical and creative thinking methods.
In the course of the above, the candidate must:
- Identify critical and creative thinking concepts and approaches, and their application to a workplace context
- Facilitate relevant learning opportunities for others
- Develop questions and prompt questioning to broaden knowledge and understanding of the team member cohort
- Monitor team skill development to develop recommendations on future learning arrangements to be implemented in future planning.
Nominal hours = 50