This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to deliver all aspects of customer service at an introductory level. It includes creating a relationship with customers, identifying their needs, delivering services or products and processing customer feedback.
It applies to individuals who perform a range of routine tasks in the workplace using a limited range of practical skills and fundamental knowledge of customer service in a defined context under direct supervision or with limited individual responsibility.
- Establish contact with customers
- Identify customer needs
- Deliver service to customers
- Process customer feedback
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- greet customer and establish rapport/relationship in accordance with organisational requirements
- identify customer needs using appropriate interpersonal skills
- provide prompt service to address customer needs in accordance with organisational requirements
- identify and follow up opportunities to increase the quality of service and products
- respond to and record all customer feedback according to organisational standards, policies and procedures
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- the key provisions of relevant legislation from all forms of government that apply to provision of customer services
- workplace organisational policies and procedures relating to customer service and the customer service process
Nominal hours = 40 hours