Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- use communication skills to establish rapport and build relationships with customers in accordance with organisational requirements
- identify customer needs using appropriate questioning and active listening skills
- provide customer service in accordance with organisational requirements
- respond to and record customer feedback and action taken according to organisational standards, policies and procedures
- produce a report which identifies and recommends ways to improve service delivery.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- key provisions of relevant legislation from all levels of government that may affect aspects of business operations
- organisational policy and procedures for customer service, including handling customer complaints
- examples of verifiable evidence that could be used to review customer satisfaction
- outline the interpersonal skills needed for serving customers, including customers with specific needs.