This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to research the viability of ideas for business opportunities and develop and present proposals for viable options in formats suiting a range of stakeholders.
The unit applies to those establishing or operating a business providing self-employment, as well as those establishing a new venture as part of a larger organisation. The proposals may relate to products and/or services offered by the business.
- Evaluate business ideas
- Manage risk associated with business proposal
- Develop proposal for viable business idea
- Present business proposal
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- develop and present a business proposal for a product or service.
In the course of the above, you must:
- analyse information from a range of sources to evaluate the viability of the business opportunities, including:
- consideration of personal commitments
- risk identification and assessment
- personal skills and attributes analysis against required skills
- anticipated financial returns.
Nominal hours = 30 hours