This unit describes skills and knowledge required to process payroll from provided data using manual and computerised payroll systems.
It applies to individuals employed in a range of work environments who are responsible for payroll functions within an organisation. They may work as individuals providing administrative support within an enterprise, or may be other members of staff who have been delegated payroll responsibilities.
- Record payroll data
- Prepare payroll
- Handle payroll enquiries
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- plan and perform payroll calculations in accordance with all legislative and organisational requirements, and predetermined timelines
- refer enquiries outside area of responsibility to an appropriate authority
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- key provisions of relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice that may affect payroll operations
- relevant organisational policies and procedures
- different types of payroll systems
Nominal hours = 30 hours