This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish and monitor security procedures for managing organisational payroll services and to calculate and process salary payments, group taxation and related payments.
It applies to individuals, employed in a range of work environments, who are required to establish and work with payroll systems and may have responsibility for managing payroll systems and calculations.
- Establish procedures for management of payroll
- Prepare payroll data
- Authorise payment of salaries
- Administer salary records
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- document steps undertaken to establish payroll system
- use data and calculations to reconcile salaries, wages and deductions in accordance with all legislative and organisational requirements
- create accurate payroll management records
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- key provisions of relevant legislation, standards, regulations and codes of practice that may affect aspects of payroll operations
- organisational policies and procedures across the full range of tasks for the required payroll processes
Nominal hours = 30 hours