This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to assist in the effective implementation of a performance management system and to facilitate employee performance.
It applies to human resource officers, or people in similar roles, who work under the direction of a human resource manager.
- Review performance management infrastructure
- Promote performance management system
- Recommend improvements to performance management system in response to collated data
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- promote the implementation of the performance management system and analyse its strengths and weaknesses
- provide advice and information to employees on the benefits of effective performance management, and how it links with performance development
- review the performance management system
- make recommendations for improvement
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- key elements and purposes of performance management processes, and their contribution to organisational objectives and the human resource cycle
- strengths and weaknesses of a performance management system
- rewards and incentives schemes
- warning systems and grievance procedures
Nominal hours = 40 hours