This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to communicate and implement employee relations (ER) and industrial relations (IR) policies and procedures to effectively represent organisations and employers.
The unit applies to individuals who work in support positions, assisting others in dealing with ER and IR conflicts and issues.
- Support preparation of Employee and Industrial Relations processes
- Support industrial relations
- Support employee relations
- Contribute to continuous improvement
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- prepare and support ER (employee relations) and IR (industrial relations) processes for an organisation or work area, on at least two occasions.
In the course of the above, you must:
- locate information required to identify relevant legislation, agreements, policies and procedures
- use effective communication techniques to support the resolution of simple workplace grievances and conflicts
- provide accurate written and oral advice about industrial matters
- use strategies to monitor and gather feedback on the implementation of industrial relations policies and procedures.
Nominal hours = 50