This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop and implement strategies to source candidates and to assess their suitability for available positions.
The unit applies to individuals working in a human resources job role, as well as those for whom recruitment and onboarding are part of their broader duties.
- Plan for recruitment
- Screen and interview potential candidates
- Assess and select candidates
- Manage candidate outcomes
- Onboard successful candidate
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- coordinate the recruitment and onboarding of two candidates.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Demonstrate the process for screening and interviewing a candidate
- Communicate effectively with clients and successful and unsuccessful candidates
- Review job descriptions and use them to support sourcing, selecting and appointing suitable staff
- Consult with relevant stakeholders to gain approvals
- Develop selection criteria and interview questions in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Obtain referees’ reports
- Provide a written report or demonstration of an assessment of a candidate’s skills and selection recommendation
- Secure preferred candidate’s agreement and provide an employment contract.
Nominal hours = 50 Hours