This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage human resource information systems from the research and planning stages, through selection of appropriate systems, to implementation, ongoing review and system upgrades.
It applies to individuals with a well-established, sound theoretical knowledge base in human resource management and human resource information systems (HRIS) who are proficient in using a range of specialised technical and managerial techniques to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and/or the work of a team. They may or may not have staff who report to them, but they are authorised to oversee the HRIS.
- Identify human resource information requirements
- Select human resource information management system
- Implement human resource information system
- Monitor and evaluate performance of human resource information system
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- assess written reports on human resource management information systems (HRIS)
- develop and implement a plan for a new HRIS in close consultation with others
- review the new system and make improvements where required
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- monitoring, measuring and evaluation techniques for a range of human resource management functions
- procurement procedures, including preparation of a technical brief
- the various types of HRIS available and their respective capabilities and limitations
- key organisational protocols and processes applicable to managing a HRIS
Nominal hours = 60 hours