This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to deal with redeployment, resignation, retirement, dismissal and redundancy, including the conduct of exit interviews.
It applies to individuals who take responsibility for overseeing aspects of managing the voluntary and involuntary termination of employment.
- Develop policies and procedures for separation/termination of employment
- Manage separation/termination processes
- Manage exit interview process
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- create policies and procedures to manage all aspects of employment termination according to legislative and organisational requirements
- communicate effectively with employees to ensure they are aware of their rights and responsibilities
- ensure staff have an appropriate skill-sets to conduct terminations
- use data from exit interviews to suggest organisational improvements.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- disciplinary procedures
- employment contracts including terms and conditions
- procedures and grounds for dismissal, suspension, voluntary termination, retirement and redundancy
- relevant industrial relations and employee dismissal legislation
Nominal hours = 50 hours