This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage planning in relation to an organisation’s workforce including researching requirements, developing objectives and strategies, implementing initiatives and monitoring and evaluating trends.
It applies to individuals who are human resource managers or staff members with a role in a policy or planning unit that focuses on workforce planning.
- Research workforce requirements
- Develop workforce objectives and strategies
- Implement initiatives to support workforce planning objectives
- Monitor and evaluate workforce trends
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- review and interpret information from a range of internal and external sources to identify:
- current staff turnover and demographics
- labour supply trends factors that may affect workforce supply
- organisation’s workforce requirements objectives and strategies
- manage workforce planning including developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing strategies to meet workforce needs
- review relevant trends and supply and demand factors that will impact on an organisation’s workforce
- develop a workforce plan that includes relevant research and specific strategies to ensure access to a skilled and diverse workforce.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- current information about external labour supply relevant to the specific industry or skill requirements of the organisation
- industrial relations relevant to the specific industry
- labour force analysis and forecasting technique
Nominal hours = 60 hours