This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to coordinate an organisation’s remuneration and benefits plans. It incorporates all functions associated with remuneration, including packaging, salary benchmarking, market rate reviews, bonuses and the legislative aspects of remuneration and employee benefits.
The unit applies to individuals who are human resource practitioners responsible for overseeing an organisation’s remuneration process.
- Update organisation’s remuneration strategy
- Coordinate remuneration and employee benefits strategy
- Review and update remuneration strategy
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- develop a remuneration strategy for at least two different occupational groups.
In the course of the above, you must:
- manage remuneration and benefits according to all legislative and ethical requirements and operational policies
- apply awards and agreements to remuneration processes
- apply requirements of the Australian Taxation Office in relation to income tax, superannuation reporting, fringe benefits tax (FBT) and bonus payments.
Nominal hours = 60