This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to coordinate redeployment, resignation, retirement, dismissal and redundancy, including the conduct of exit interviews.
The unit applies to individuals who take responsibility for overseeing aspects of managing the voluntary and involuntary termination of employment.
- Assist development of policies and procedures
- Coordinate separation and termination
- Coordinate exit interview process
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- assist development of at least three different policies and procedures to manage all aspects of employment separation and termination according to legislative and organisational requirements
- on at least one occasion, coordinate the separation or termination of an employee.
In the course of the above, you must:
- communicate effectively with employees to ensure they are aware of their rights and responsibilities
- ensure staff have an appropriate skill-sets to conduct terminations
- use data from exit interviews to suggest organisational improvements.
Nominal hours = 60