This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to gather, organise and apply workplace information in the context of an organisation’s work processes and knowledge management systems.
It applies to individuals who perform a defined range of skilled operations in various work contexts. They may exercise discretion and judgement using appropriate knowledge of information management to provide technical advice and support to a team.
- Collect and assess information
- Organise information
- Review information needs
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- efficiently and effectively gather, assess, organise and use workplace information as part of own job role
- provide accurate information for defined purposes
- maintain and handle data and documents systematically
- use business technology to manage information
- communicate with colleagues and clients using effective interpersonal skills to obtain and check workplace information
- apply relevant legislation and regulations to workplace information
- monitor, review and modify information processes.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- how legislation and regulations may affect the gathering organising and distribution of workplace information
- methods for checking validity of information and its sources
- organisational recordkeeping and filing systems, security procedures and safe recording practices
- workplace policies and procedures relating to workplace information.
Nominal hours = 30 hours