This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to collect, organise, analyse and present information using available systems and sources. This includes identifying research requirements and sources of information, evaluating the quality and reliability of the information, and preparing and producing reports.
The unit applies to those who are required to analyse and apply their knowledge of the organisation to research tasks, evaluate information from a variety of sources and apply solutions to a range of predictable and unpredictable problems.
- Identify and confirm research strategy
- Collect and store research information
- Analyse and synthesise research information
- Present research information
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- research, analyse and present research findings according to organisational requirements on at least two occasions.
In the course of the above, you must:
- identify research requirements and objectives
- collect, organise and present research information
- maintain information securely
- prepare report on research findings, including:
- justified assumptions and conclusions
- efficient and reliable research methods.
Nominal hours = 40