This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to send, receive and manage electronic mail (email), as well as collaborate online using chat rooms, intranets and instant messaging.
It applies to individuals who use business technology to perform a range of routine tasks to communicate with co-workers, customers or others. The individual will use a limited range of practical skills and fundamental knowledge in a defined context under direct supervision or with limited individual responsibility.
- Implement procedures to send and receive electronic mail
- Manage electronic mail
- Collaborate online
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- follow organisational and service provider requirements when communicating electronically
- follow organisational policy and procedures when managing all aspects of electronic communication
- comply with netiquette
- collaborate in accordance with agreed parameters for electronic communication
- identify most appropriate software applications
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- different methods of electronic communication
- key provisions of relevant legislation that affect aspects of business operations
- relevant organisation policies and procedures
Nominal hours = 20 hours