This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to digitally produce word documents in a workplace context.
It applies to individuals who perform a range of routine tasks in the workplace, using a limited range of practical skills and fundamental knowledge of word processing software/applications in a defined context, under direct supervision or with limited individual responsibility.
- Prepare to produce documents
- Produce documents digitally
- Finalise and present documents
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- produce documents following correct ergonomic, conservation requirements and organisational policies and procedures
- adhere to organisational style manual when formatting documents
- refer to help function and user documentation to rectify document problems
- use system features
- follow designated timelines when preparing documents.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- basic formatting styles and their effect on formatting, readability and appearance of documents
- purpose, use and function of word processing software
- organisational requirements for ergonomics, work periods and breaks, and conservation techniques
- what is contained in an organisational style guide.
Nominal hours = 60 hours