This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to correctly create and use spreadsheets and charts using both cloud-based and non-cloud based spreadsheet applications.
It applies to individuals who perform a range of routine tasks in the workplace using a limited range of practical skills and fundamental knowledge of spreadsheet software/applications in a defined context under direct supervision or with limited individual responsibility.
- Prepare to produce spreadsheets
- Create simple spreadsheets
- Produce simple charts
- Finalise and present spreadsheets
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- produce documents following correct ergonomic, conservation, organisational and statutory requirements
- consult with appropriate personnel as required
- adhere to organisational style and presentation requirements
- refer to online help function and user documentation to rectify document problems
- create and modify simple charts
- follow designated timelines and ensure high accuracy when preparing documents
- demonstrate ability to prevent data loss and damage.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- how to format workplace documents
- organisational requirements for ergonomic standards, work periods and breaks, and conservation techniques
- organisational guidelines on spreadsheet manipulation and processing
- the purpose and range of use of spreadsheet functions.
Nominal hours = 30 hours