This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to effectively identify, select and use available methods of digital communication in a workplace context. Such methods may include electronic mail (email), instant messaging and other similar applications/web-based platforms.
It applies to individuals who use digital technology to communicate with business stakeholders (including co-workers and customers). This will be particularly relevant to individuals in teams that work remotely. The individual will use a limited range of practical skills and fundamental knowledge in a defined context under direct supervision or with limited individual responsibility.
- Identify methods for digital communication
- Implement procedures to send and receive digital communications
- Manage digital communications effectively
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- follow organisational and service provider requirements when communicating electronically
- follow organisational policy and procedures when managing all aspects of electronic communication
- comply with netiquette
- collaborate in accordance with agreed parameters for electronic communication
- identify most appropriate software applications.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- different methods of electronic communication
- key provisions of relevant legislation that affect aspects of business operations
- relevant organisation policies and procedures.
Nominal hours = 20 hours