This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop keyboard skills with speed and accuracy using touch-typing techniques.
It applies to individuals operating in a range of environments who are required to enter text and data with speed and accuracy. Individuals may provide administrative support within an organisation, or may be technical/knowledge experts responsible for production of their own word processed documents.
- Use safe work practices
- Identify and develop keyboard skills
- Check accuracy
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- develop keyboard speed and accuracy in accordance with workplace, ergonomic, and work health and safety requirements
- complete a minimum of two 5-minute keyboarding speed and accuracy timings with at least 98% accuracy
- accurately proofread and amend documents
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- key provisions of work health and safety (WHS) legislation that impact developing keyboard skills
- ergonomic requirements applicable to developing keyboard skills
Nominal hours = 50 hours