This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to digitally design and develop text-based documents using advanced features of word processing applications/platforms.
It applies to individuals who possess fundamental skills in digital device operation, and basic skills in operation of word processing applications. They may work as individuals who provide administrative support within an enterprise, or may be technical/knowledge experts responsible for production of their own digital documents.
- Prepare to produce documents
- Design documents digitally
- Produce text documents digitally
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- adhere to organisational requirements and strategies when creating text documents including:
- ergonomic requirements
- energy and resource requirements
- adhere closely to task requirements and required specifications by:
- following designated timelines
- achieving consistency of style and image
- ensuring correct editing and style requirements
- adhering to designated timelines
- use advanced software features
- communicate effectively with personnel
- overcome problems by referring to user documentation, manuals and online help.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- various formatting styles and their impact on formatting, readability and appearance of documents
- organisational requirements for ergonomics, work periods and breaks, and conservation techniques
- the purpose and contents of an organisational style guide
- the purpose, uses and functions of word processing software.
Nominal hours = 90 hours