This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to lead teams and individuals by modelling high standards of conduct to reflect the organisation’s standards and values.
The unit applies to individuals who are making the transition from being a team member to taking responsibility for the work and performance of others and providing the first level of leadership within the organisation. These leaders have a strong influence on the work culture, values and ethics of the teams they supervise.
- Prepare to demonstrate leadership
- Align behaviour with organisational values
- Model leadership behaviour
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Develop and implement at least two performance plans, including one relating to individuals and one relating to teams.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Comply with organisation’s standards and values
- Evaluate own behaviour and performance against organisational standards and values and adjust to achieve required standards
- Ensure own behaviour and performance contributes to the integrity and credibility of the organisation
- Facilitate processes to make decisions that are based on:
- Relevant information
- Examination of options and associated risks
- Input from relevant people
- Communicate about making and implementing decisions including:
- Facilitating agreement on the preferred course of action and implementation plans
- Monitoring and seeking feedback on the implementation and impact of decisions.
Nominal hours = 50 hours