This unit describes the skills, knowledge and outcomes required to use leadership to promote team cohesion. It includes motivating, mentoring, coaching and developing the team and forming the bridge between the management of the organisation and team members.
The unit applies to team leaders, supervisors and new or emerging managers where leadership plays a role in developing and maintaining effective workplace relationships. It applies in any industry or community context. At this level work will normally be carried out within routine and non-routine methods and procedures, which require planning, evaluation, leadership and guidance of others.
- Prepare to lead workplace relationships
- Lead workplace relationships
- Review leadership
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- Develop and implement at least two performance plans, including one relating to individuals and one relating to teams.
In the course of the above, you must:
- Access and analyse information required to achieve planned outcomes
- Collaborate with work team to develop and implement a work task strategy
- Apply techniques for resolving problems and conflicts, and dealing with poor performance according to organisational and legislative requirements
- Monitor and communicate work progress to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Seek and review feedback to improve workplace leadership.
Nominal hours = 50