This unit covers the development and use of emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the context of the workplace.
It includes identifying the impact of own emotions on others in the workplace, recognising and appreciating the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others, promoting the development of emotional intelligence in others and utilising emotional intelligence to maximise team outcomes.
It applies to managers who identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources and who deal with unpredictable problems. They use initiative and judgement to organise the work of self and others and plan, evaluate and co-ordinate the work of teams.
- Identify the impact of own emotions on others in the workplace
- Recognise and appreciate the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others
- Promote the development of emotional intelligence in others
- Utilise emotional intelligence to maximise team outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- identify own emotional strengths, weaknesses, stressors, emotional states and triggers through self-reflection and feedback from others
- model behaviours that demonstrate management of emotions
- recognise and respond to the emotional states of others
- promote the development of emotional intelligence in others
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- emotional intelligence principles and strategies
- the relationship between emotionally effective people and the attainment of business objectives
- how to communicate with a diverse workforce which has varying cultural expressions of emotion
- the use of emotional intelligence in the context of building workplace relationships
Nominal hours = 60 hours