Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- conduct an analysis to identify own emotional strengths, weaknesses, stressors, emotional states and triggers, incorporating feedback from others
- identify workplace situations and environments that may trigger an emotional response
- model behaviours that demonstrate management of emotions
- recognise the impact that cultural behaviours and beliefs may have on workplace interactions
- recognise and respond to the emotional states of others
- use emotional intelligence of self and others to enhance team performance
- promote the development of emotional intelligence in others.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- emotional intelligence principles and strategies
- key elements of the relationship between emotionally effective people and the attainment of business objectives
- strategies for communicating with a diverse workforce which has varying cultural expressions of emotion
- key features of emotional intelligence in the context of building workplace relationships.