This unit covers the development and use of emotional intelligence to increase self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management in the context of the workplace.
It includes identifying the impact of own emotions on others in the workplace, recognising and appreciating the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others, promoting the development of emotional intelligence in others and utilising emotional intelligence to maximise team outcomes.
It applies to managers who are required to identify, analyse, synthesise and act on information from a range of sources and who deal with unpredictable problems as part of their job role. They use initiative and judgement to organise the work of self and others and plan, evaluate and co-ordinate the work of teams.
- Identify the impact of own emotions on others in the workplace
- Recognise and address the emotional strengths and weaknesses of others
- Promote the development of emotional intelligence in others
- Utilise emotional intelligence to maximise team outcomes
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- conduct an analysis to identify own emotional strengths, weaknesses, stressors, emotional states and triggers, incorporating feedback from others
- identify workplace situations and environments that may trigger an emotional response
- model behaviours that demonstrate management of emotions
- recognise the impact that cultural behaviours and beliefs may have on workplace interactions
- recognise and respond to the emotional states of others
- use emotional intelligence of self and others to enhance team performance
- promote the development of emotional intelligence in others.
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- emotional intelligence principles and strategies
- key elements of the relationship between emotionally effective people and the attainment of business objectives
- strategies for communicating with a diverse workforce which has varying cultural expressions of emotion
- key features of emotional intelligence in the context of building workplace relationships.
Nominal hours = 60 hours