This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to lead and manage effective workplace relationships.
The unit applies to individuals in leadership or management positions who have a prominent role in establishing and managing processes and procedures to support workplace relationships. These individuals apply the values, goals and cultural diversity policies of the organisation. They use complex and diverse methods and procedures as well as a range of problem solving and decision making strategies, which require the exercise of considerable discretion and judgement.
- Establish effective workplace relationship processes
- Manage effective workplace relationships
- Review management of workplace relationships
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- implement processes to manage ideas and information on at least two occasions, including:
- communicating information to support others to achieve work responsibilities
- facilitating employees’ contributions to consultation on work issues
- providing feedback on the outcomes of consultations
- resolving issues raised or referring to relevant personnel
- develop and implement processes and systems to manage difficulties on at least two occasions, including:
- identifying and resolving conflicts and other difficulties according to organisational policies and procedures
- planning how to address difficulties
- providing guidance, counselling and support to assist co-workers in resolving their work difficulties
Nominal hours = 50