This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to implement the organisation’s continuous improvement systems and processes. It covers using systems and strategies to actively encourage the team to participate in the process, monitoring and reviewing performance, and identifying opportunities for further improvements.
It applies to managers who have an active role in implementing the continuous improvement process to achieve the organisation’s objectives. Their position is closely associated with the creation and delivery of products and services which means that they have an important role in influencing the ongoing development of the organisation.
At this level, work will normally be carried out within routine and non-routine methods and procedures, which require planning, evaluation, leadership and guidance of others.
- Implement continuous improvement systems and processes
- Monitor and review performance
- Provide opportunities for further improvement
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- implement continuous improvement systems and provide mentoring and coaching support to enable individuals and teams to participate in decisions, take responsibility, show initiative and implement improvement processes
- implement processes to inform team members about savings and productivity/service improvements achievements
- communicate effectively to support the continuous improvement system and implementation of improvements
- apply continuous improvement to customer services including internal and external customers
- implement, monitor and adjust improvement plans, processes and procedures to improve performance
- document performance to identify further opportunities for improvement
- manage records and reports within the organisation’s systems and procedures
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- continuous improvement processes
- typical areas of need for coaching and mentoring to support continuous improvement
- how change management techniques can support continuous improvement and initiative
- the organisation’s systems and data that can be used for benchmarking and monitoring performance for continuous improvement
Nominal Hours: 40