This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to lead and manage continuous improvement systems and processes. Particular emphasis is on the development of systems and the analysis of information to monitor and adjust performance strategies, and to manage opportunities for further improvements.
It applies to individuals who take an active role in managing a continuous improvement process in order to achieve an organisation’s objectives.
At this level, work will normally be carried out using complex and diverse methods and procedures which require the exercise of considerable discretion and judgement, using a range of problem-solving and decision-making strategies.
- Lead continuous improvement systems and processes
- Monitor and adjust performance strategies
- Manage opportunities for further improvement
Upon successful completion of this unit, you will:
- facilitate effective contributions to and communications about continuous improvement processes and outcomes
- address sustainability requirements
- incorporate mentoring, coaching and other support to enable people to participate effectively in continuous improvement processes
- capture insights, experiences and ideas for improvements and incorporate them into the organisation’s knowledge management systems and future planning
Demonstrate knowledge of:
- how systems and procedures can support effective continuous improvement
- how continuous improvement systems and processes relate to other business systems and requirements including, knowledge management, quality, performance management and sustainability
Nominal Hours: 60